Things To Do In Portland? Portland is a great Pacific Northwest city. There are a good amount of things to do in Portland, Oregon from bars to restaurants to Columbia River Gorge.
This is part 2 list of things to do in Portland, Oregon. With PNW cities, nature isn’t too far away. The mountains are only a 20 minute drive from downtown Portland. It’s always a good idea to take a day trip to Columbia River Gorge. Trust me. You’re going to have to check it out. It’s the ideal list for any trekkers, outdoor fanatic, and fitness freak. This list summarizes the most popular landmarks on Columbia River Gorge.
The city is known for its liberal views and its accepting of eccentric people. In addition, it’s a common theme to be liberal in the Pacific Northwest (i.e., PNW) along the United States and Canada. Therefore, Portland is a hot spot for culture and arts. It has a growing food community that hasn’t fully come of age yet. The list of things to do in Downtown Portland could be read here.
Portland has clean air. The morning mist and the light sprinkles is a nice change compared to Los Angeles’ smog ridden skies. Unfortunately, in Los Angeles, I don’t go outside for fresh air. I go outside for some smog and sunshine. It’s something to be loved in the PNW. Here is a list of must see things on Columbia River Gorge:
- Wahkeena Falls – Wahkeena Falls is a fairly easy waterfall to reach. The strong water’s crashes at every level, so expect to get a little wet. It’s not as crowded compared to Horsetail and Multnomah. Things To Do In Portland
- Fairy Falls – Fairy Falls is a small waterfall. It’s a trek up the hill from Wahkeena Falls. The trail elevates really fast and I found myself taking a few breaks. However, it was worth it. It’s a charming waterfall and much smaller compared to the others. Things To Do In Portland
- Multnomah Falls – The most visited waterfall in Portland. The best time to visit would be early in the morning, which is an obvious tip. It’s the best chance to get a clean shot without anyone in the picture and to avoid the crowds. This is another Instagram place where everyone comes to visit while in Portland. Things To Do In Portland
- Horsetail Falls – This is the easiest waterfall to reach on Columbia River Gorge. It’s less than two-mile from Multnomah Falls off of Columbia River Highway. It received its name by its shape. Things To Do In Portland
- Vista House – For the best view, Vista House is definitely the place. The lookout point has picturesque and panorama shots of the Columbia River Gorge. It’s a breathtaking view; plus, it’s free. Things To Do In Portland
- Columbia River Highway – This is the scenic route to all the above waterfalls. It’s a drive through one of the United States most beautiful roads in the Pacific Northwest. Things To Do In Portland
Portland is definite one of the great PNW cities. It has a growing food community along with its established artisan community. It’s a town worth checking out. Check out our review of Ataula and Andina. They’re two of Portland’s most popular restaurants. I didn’t regret my visit and the waterfalls are worth the plane ticket. Let us know if we’re missing any waterfalls in the comment section below!