Top 10 Barcelona Sightseeing List Barcelona? Barcelona sits comfortably in my top 3 destinations for culinary adventures. However, there is more to the city than tapas, jamon, wine and siestas. Top 10 Barcelona Sightseeing List Barcelona
$30.00 $35.00 $24.99
Barcelona’s population is close to 2 million. The city border encompass culture and diverse architectures. The architecture is one of the most diverse in Europe ranging from its modern to Gothic inspired structures. I romanticized about walking the narrow lane ways passing Spaniards; I still remember jail walking across busy intersections as I ambitiously tried to see more than 15-20 landmarks in a day. The memory of the city haunts me like a first love. Top 10 Barcelona Sightseeing List Barcelona
Here our top 10 list of must see attractions in Barcelona: Top 10 Barcelona Sightseeing List Barcelona
- La Sagrada Família – The imposing unfinished church filled with detailed Gothic symbolism and interior columns resembling trees and branches.
- Park Güell – The famous park on Carmel Hill with Gaudi’s mosaic artwork, doric columns and a view of the city.
- La Rambla – The tree-lined street is filled with local vendors and connects Plaça de Catalunya to the Christopher Columbus monument.
- Gothic Quarter – It’s the center of the old city of Barcelona with it’s Gothic architecture, narrow lane ways and shops.
- La Boqueria – It’s a large public market in the Gothic Quarter and the entrance is on La Rambla. For the full review, click here.
- Palau Nacional – The hilltop Spanish Renaissance museum with an elliptical dome and fountains leading up to the museum.
- Cathedral of Barcelona – Barcelona’s most popular church to visit with its geese-filled cloisters and Gothic Quarter views.
- Arc de Triomf – The arc was built in 1888 when it hosted the Universal Exhibition.
- Basílica de Santa Maria del Pi – The Gothic church with a grand rose window and the best time to view the church’s interior is at night when it’s completely dark.
- Ciutadella Park – The Ciutadella Park is located next to the Arc de Triomf with a zoo, boating lake and lush green walking trails.
Those are my must-see attractions while in Barcelona. However, there are a lot popular option for tours in Spain. Here are some of their options:
Let us know what you decide on in the comments section.