The Ledbury is located in Notting Hill. Chef Brett Graham’s cooking is very modern set in a modern setting without the stuffiness that accompanies the restaurant with the following accolades:
- 2 Michelin star in 2014
- 2 Michelin star in 2015
- #10 on the San Pellegrino 2014 World’s Best Restaurants
- #20 on the San Pellegrino 2015 World’s Best Restaurants
- #14 on the San Pellegrino 2016 World’s Best Restaurants
It’s a small restaurant with no more than 15 tables. It’s an elegant restaurant with a large mirror that makes it look like the restaurant is larger. The large table cloths and the drapes on the window gives off a very tranquil ambiance. In addition, there wasn’t a dress code, which is pretty standard in the UK and Europe.
The service was fantastic and everyone was really pleasant. The wait staff was very diverse and included different people from different countries around Europe. They were all very professional and did an excellent job explaining the dishes. The thing I really like about the Ledbury is I didn’t get any attitude or sense of pretentiousness when I decided not to go with wine pairing.
Now, the food. I went with the 8 course tasting menu and here are my absolute favorite dishes of the menu:
- Artichokes – The Violet & Chinese artichokes was served with Muscat Grapes and Grated Foie Gras. The grated foie gras was simply amazing as it was chilled and evaporated in your mouth like ice. It was a very creative way of serving it as I’ve seen it grilled or torchon. The overall dish was very refreshing and soothing.
- Warm Bantam’s Egg – The poached egg was served with Celeriac, Dried Ham, Arbois & Wiltshire Truffles. The aroma of the dish was fantastic. The pungent smell of the truffles and the comforting poached egg complemented each other like Cheech & Chong. The dried ham added a slight saltiness to the dish like a bitter lover who just got cheated on.
Overall, I would have to say the Ledbury was a wonderful experience. Chef Graham is very talented and the meal’s progression was fantastic. They delivered the dishes in perfectly timed intervals and there wasn’t a long delay between courses. Major bonus points for the grated foie gras as it was definitely the highlight of the meal.
Check out our other London articles here.
- Service - 9/109/10
- Presentation - 8.5/108.5/10
- Flavors - 9/109/10
- Decor - 8/108/10
- Ambiance - 8/108/10
Chef Graham is very talented and the meal’s progression was fantastic. It’s a small restaurant with no more than 15 tables. I went with the 8 course tasting menu and everything was superb.