L’Atelier de Joel Robuchon is located in Saint Germain, which is south of the Seine canal/river. Chef Joel Robuchon is synonymous with French cuisine and people usually talk about Robuchon when talking about French food.
Chef Robuchon has multiple restaurants around the world with his name on it from Hong Kong to Las Vegas. L’Atelier de Joel Robuchon is all over the world with multiple branches. Here are this restaurant’s accolades:
- 2 Michelin star in 2014
- 2 Michelin star in 2015
- #24 on the San Pellegrino 2014 World’s Best Restaurants
- #63 on the San Pellegrino 2015 World’s Best Restaurants
- #80 on the San Pellegrino 2016 World’s Best Restaurants
There is one thing you will notice about this L’Atelier de Joel Robuchon is it’s beautiful. The tables to the kitchen to the counter seating are all modern. There’s glass everywhere and the kitchen is spotless. The service was fantastic and the details of the dish was good. Everyone spoke English.
Now, the food. L’Atelier de Joel Robuchon had an a la carte menu and a tasting menu. We decided to go with the tasting menu cause we wanted to try as many items on the menu as possible. I usually don’t like to judge a restaurant based off of one item off the menu.
- Caviar – The hot-cold caviar with maple salmon and a dash of citrus vodka. It’s caviar laid on top of a milky potato puree. The soft sweet potatoes brought out the flavors of the caviar. It was definitely fresh cause there wasn’t a hint of saltiness in the caviar at all. The salmon and citrus went well. The only thing else that goes better with caviar is more caviar.
- Foie Gras – The seared foie gras with fresh cherries and almonds in a tangy hibiscus juice. Seared foie gras is a pretty typical way to serve it cause it gives the foie gras a buttery texture. It was topped with watercress which gave the dish an earthy flavor like every typical vegetable.
Overall, I thought the L’Atelier de Joel Robuchon was a good dining experience. However, I wouldn’t exactly rank it in my top 10 but maybe top 15-20. It was a solid restaurant and the progression of the meal was good and efficient. We were out of there within two hours, which is good. I tend to get restless when I sit at a restaurant for too long. It definitely holds up to restaurants in it’s class.
Check out our other Paris articles here.
- Service - 8.5/108.5/10
- Presentation - 8/108/10
- Flavors7 - 7/107/10
- Ambiance - 7/107/10
- Decor - 8/108/10
Joel Robuchon is synonymous with French cuisine. When people mention French food, they talk about Joel Robuchon and his restaurants. Joel Robuchon has become a restaurateur with restaurants in the United States, Hong Kong, Paris and every where else you could imagine. L’Atelier de Joel Robuchon has a solid tasting menu and the progression of the dishes flows masterfully. They provide the perfect fine dining experience for individuals who are working with a time interval.